Thursday, November 17, 2011

Getting out of the HOLE

Well, I have been trying to fix myself for as long as I can remember.  I know that organizing my house will help that, but getting motivated on that journey has been a difficult one.  Since I started this blog - and apologies for my absence - My husband and I have taken in a family member to try to help her get on her feet, then immediately after that we took in another couple, who is another family member.  It's been a rough few months, however we have learned some valuable lessons in the process, and deciding to put our relationship and our marriage first, David and I shook on the deal that we will no longer move anyone else into our home. 

One of the things I suffer from is Depression.  I take anti-depressants, vitamins and work a twelve-step program.  Sitting at times wishing I could just leave this world, tells me that my depression is still a problem and a big, if sporadic one.  I am trying something new, and I'll let you know how it works.  Its the ugly D word - DIET! 

I was looking at my gun and wishing I could use it and instead pulled up "feel good foods" on the internet.  My first "feel good meal" included blueberries, blackberries, and fat free yogurt.  So far, I feel a little better.  Plans for tonight are crusted chipotle Wild Salmon, spinach and black beans with just a smidgeon of spanish rice.  My night time snack is going to be Kashi fiber filled cereal with skim milk and bananas.  I'll let you know how I feel tommorrow morning and how much "stuff" I get done off my list today. 

Thanks friends for hanging with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment